Sunday, January 13, 2008

Training - Week 6

Once again, I say "Thank God for drop back weeks."

This week was a bit of a rest, if you can call 7 miles 'a rest.' This week I ran as follows:

- Tuesday: 3 miles
- Thursday: 5 miles
- Friday: 3 miles
- Sunday: 7 miles

I'm not exactly sure that Thursday was 5 miles--my Nike+ wasn't completely calibrated at that point, so I'm guessing it was a little short.

I ran with my good friend Mark today--he and I ended up pushing each other pretty hard through the whole 7 miles, and ended up with an average 9:23 pace for the entire run. For some that's pretty slow. However, this pace would have given me a 10K time about 2 minutes better than my PR, so I was pretty happy.

As Mark says, though, "speed kills" so next week it's back down to something closer to my expected marathon pace, between 11:00-12:00 minutes/mile.

That's all for today--now get out there and run a few!

No comments: