Friday, January 11, 2008

Calibration...

I had an easy 3-miler on the schedule today, so I decided it was a good time to calibrate my Nike+. It was about as easy as falling off a log!

Let me back up here...I am not a shill for Nike, nor am I getting paid to say good things about Nike+. I work for a software company, I'm a gadget freak, and I tend to babble incessantly about new technology until I get bored with it, or something else new comes along.


So anyway...I calibrated my device today. It's spot on now--works like a champ. It told me my average pace was a hair over 9:00, which sounds more reasonable.

I had to get into work early this morning so my run was SUPER-early--I was up at 4:30A, out of the house at 5:00A. Needless to say, when the end of the day rolls around I'm going to be drooping a bit, but at least it's Friday! WHOOHOO!

Hope y'all have a great weekend--now get out there and run a few!

4 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

People who can master the art of running before work amaze me.

I, on the other hand, adore my snooze button too much. I tried waking up for a 6:30 yoga class on Wednesday.

Not.so.much.

Jim said...

You know what...5-6 years ago, I was the same way. In love with my snooze button. But since I started running, I sleep much better and have actually become a morning person. Now, I'm lucky if I can stay up past 10:30PM!

If I don't get my run in before work, my day just isn't as good--more stressful, etc.--so it's a preventative measure for me. (C;

Jim

Michelle said...

Thanks for dropping by at my blog - I have to say I am impressed by your 4:30 alarm time too!! You are living proof that it can be done.

Jim said...

Michelle this morning I felt like a super-hero...right now, I'm ready for a nap!!! (C:

Glad I could be an encouragement!

Jim