Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Drop back week...

According to my training plan, I have a "drop back" week every 3rd week (or 2nd week, later in the program). God has good timing...I really needed it this week!

I've got a ton of work meetings going on, people in from out of town, and late dinners/social events to attend to...all of which works against me getting up at 5AM to hit the indoor track in our area. This week is supposed to be 3 miles, 5 miles, 3 miles, and 7 miles. I'm either going to have to shift days around (i.e., run Tues/Thurs/Fri/Sun), do some late-night running on the treadmill at home, or both. But it's all good...the running is a stress reliever and helps me feel not so bad about eating poorly during those late work dinners.

On an unrelated note--I've been doing some research into the Nike+ device, and I'm just about ready to pull the trigger. Anyone using it? Any opinions pro or con? Anyone? Bueller...Bueller...

That's it for today...now get out there and run a few!

2 comments:

Joe said...

Higdon's plans are solid. And the drop-back weeks are key. Glad this one came at a good time for you, Jim!

Jim said...

Hi Joe:

Thanks for the comment--good to get another runner's endorsement on Hal Higdon's plans. I've also read his book on marathoning, and met him (very briefly) at the pre-race expo for the 2006 Chicago Marathon. Great guy!

Thanks for the words of encouragement also!

Jim