Thursday, April 10, 2008

Today wasn't the day...

I'd hoped to get out the door for a couple miles again this morning--notsomuch. Not only is the weather not cooperating, but I had a bad sinus headache and nausea (because of the headache). The snooze button became my best friend this morning.

It did strike me today, though, that I'm on the equivalent of a summer vacation. I have no goal and no milestones in mind, and it's nice for a change. I'm running because I feel like it, not for a time or pace or distance.

I'm starting to look at 2 upcoming 5K races--one on April 20th, one the next week. Might do 'em both, might do neither...just not sure at this point. And I'm looking at other, longer races. But for now, I like having nothing on the horizon.

Hm, it is starting to feel like I'm repeating myself--not much to say, so I keep saying the same thing. Anyway, I'll have more successes and joys to write about soon. I promise.

I'm checking in (lurking and commenting) on y'all's blogs here and there...your exploits and stories make me proud to be part of the running community! Run long and strong, friends...

2 comments:

Rick said...

Better get a few runs in before the 20th, my friend. Just sayin'...
;-)

jtj3 said...

Yeah, I know...I know. The good news about training for a marathon is that, after all those miles, you can pretty much do a 5K standing on your head. I don't intend to shoot for a PR, but just to get out there for the sheer joy of running...