Friday, February 29, 2008

Two completely unrelated subjects...

Subject 1 is a new identity, and subject 2 is a very pleasant surprise that hit me about 9 months after the fact...and no, it's not a baby...

OK, now for topic #1. You may know that I have some other blogs. When I started this one, I felt the need to keep it separated from the others. Looking back, my reasons for doing so weren't all that clearly thought out nor do they make a dime's worth of difference. So I'm merging all my blogs under one user ID, to make it easier for me to administer and write. Same old me, you'll just see me posting (and commenting) as "jtj3" rather than Jim. Just in case you're wondering who the nutter is commenting on your blog...it's the same old nutter you know and love. Or at least know.

Onto topic #2. Last year I ran the Soldier Field 10 Miler in May of last year and thought I'd set a PR for myself of 1:45 something. I was looking up race results from last year and ran across my time. Imagine my surprise when I found out that while my "gun time" was 1:45:06, my chip time was 1:42:14. Yippee yahooie! That's 3 minutes better than I thought I'd run, and it's about 7 minutes faster than the first year I ran it!

The SF10 Miler is one of those races I look forward to every year. I love races that go through the streets of Chicago, and it's a good long distance but not too long--doesn't require tons of training. Plus, finishing on the 50-yard line of Soldier Field is pretty cool.

Anyway--that was my day. Hope yours has been good. I have an 18-miler scheduled for this Sunday...wish me luck!

2 comments:

Rick said...

Well, since I won't be heading out on my own long run... I will be thinkin' about you. This is going to be a strange Saturday. I haven't had a Saturday where I didn't do a long run in 11 weeks. I wonder what cartoons are on these days?

Good luck on your run!

jtj3 said...

Saturday cartoons...yeah, I bet they're a lot different from when we were kids...

I'm looking forward to April 13th--my first post-marathon Sunday, where I can rest, take it easy, spend time with the family, and not worry about getting a long run in!

My run turned out well...training report going up in a few minutes.