Saturday, January 5, 2008

Welcome!

Glad you dropped by. Pour yourself some coffee, pull up a chair, and I'll tell you what I'm doing here...

I've discovered I really like blogging. A lot. It allows me to be creative in multiple ways. This is now the 4th blog I'm a part of--in addition to this, I have an "about me" blog, a photography blog, and I'm part of a team blog for ultra-short fiction stories. But I've been thinking for a while that I wanted a separate blog exclusively focused on running.

I've been running religiously for a little over 4 years now, and participated in (but didn't finish) the 2007 Chicago Marathon (see my post here). Running is somewhere between a passion and an addiction for me.

My thought was that a running-specific blog would allow me to connect more easily with other runners, while still keeping my other blogs to focus on my other interests.

I should say a word about the title, also. I'm a Christian, although not always very vocal about it. The title of the blog comes from a verse in the book of Hebrews. The 11th chapter of Hebrews talks about the great heroes of the faith--King David, Abraham, Solomon, etc. Then, chapter 12 begins with one of my most favorite verses in the whole Bible:

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
I picked "Runs With Perseverance" because it has multiple meanings..."runs" as in "He (meaning me) runs with perseverance," but also "runs" as in more than just a single run.

I have lots more to say about my running goals, what I'm training for, etc., but for now I'll sign off. Hope to see you again soon, and please leave your comments!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hello Jim! Thanks for the invitation here! I will most definitely add it to my reader collection and visit often! Thanks for the kind words too, they really warmed me up today.

jtj3 said...

Hi Sue:

Thanks for stopping by, and I'm glad my words helped!